With mandatory reporting under the Swiss Solvency Test (SST) underway since 2008, and the upcoming introduction of Solvency II for EU-based insurers, Milliman clients benefit from our expertise in this new regulatory regime. Our Swiss team, with its extensive experience in Switzerland and across Europe, understands both the opportunities and issues that SST and Solvency II presents, as well as the SST's relationship to Solvency II.
Milliman assists clients with all the tasks needed to comply with the new regulations, including:
- accurate calculation of target capital and risk-bearing capital
- market-consistent valuation of assets and liabilities
- precise assessment of market, credit, and insurance risks
- development of internal models
- compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements
Our team monitors SST developments as they occur. Milliman consultants bring their own depth of knowledge to SST compliance issues and use proprietary modelling tools to offer clients industry-leading thinking. Standing behind our Swiss team is the global Milliman organization, offering more than 60 years of insurance industry experience.